- Mon, 27 MarHarrogate Odeon, Screen 527 Mar, 14:30 – 16:30Harrogate Odeon, Screen 5, East Parade, Harrogate HG1 5PE, UKSOLD OUT - Rerun - Harrogate on Film is your opportunity to enjoy an amazing mix of archive footage - the people, places, major events & everyday life in the historic town of Harrogate & neighbouring Knaresborough in the 20th cent, specially curated & presented by the Yorkshire Film Archives.
- Mon, 27 MarHarrogate Odeon, Screen 527 Mar, 19:30Harrogate Odeon, Screen 5, East Parade, Harrogate HG1 5PE, UKSOLD OUT - Rerun - Harrogate on Film is your opportunity to enjoy an amazing variety of archive footage – the people, places, major events, & everyday life in the historic town of Harrogate & neighbouring Knaresborough in the 20th century, specially curated & presented by the Yorkshire Film Archive.
- Mon, 03 AprHarrogate Odeon, Screen 203 Apr, 18:45 – 21:15Harrogate Odeon, Screen 2, East Parade, Harrogate HG1 5LB, UKFahrije's husband has been missing since the war in Kosovo. She sets up her own small business to provide for her kids, but as she fights against a patriarchial society that does not support her, she faces a crucial decision.
- Wed, 19 AprHarrogate Odeon, Screen 319 Apr, 14:30Harrogate Odeon, Screen 3, Harrogate HG1 5PD, UKHopper's work is the most recognizable art in America. Countless painters, photographers, filmmakers and musicians have been influenced by his art - but who was he, and how did a struggling illustrator create such a bounty of notable work?
- Wed, 19 AprHarrogate Odeon, Screen 319 Apr, 19:30Harrogate Odeon, Screen 3, Harrogate HG1 5PD, UKHopper's work is the most recognizable art in America. Countless painters, photographers, filmmakers and musicians have been influenced by his art - but who was he, and how did a struggling illustrator create such a bounty of notable work?
- Mon, 24 AprHarrogate Odeon, Screen 3
- Wed, 03 MayCold Bath Brewing Clubhouse - upstairs
- Wed, 19 JulCold Bath Brewing Clubhouse - upstairs
ABOUT HARROGATE FILM SOCIETY
NOW SCREENING AT ODEON HARROGATE
Now in its 67th season, Harrogate Film Society is run by a group of film enthusiasts in an informal, welcoming atmosphere. Our core programme for this season started on12 September 2022 and includes 15 films - any not yet shown are listed under upcoming events. As always, our focus is on bringing you critically acclaimed and diverse films from all over the world. Entertaining, thoughtful, sometimes unusual and stimulating, many rarely screened in the UK.
Screening the films at the Odeon allows us to offer members and guests the full cinematic experience, including surround sound and comfortable seating (though it costs slightly more than cheaper venues).
Harrogate Film Society partner with 3rd parties like the Yorkshire Film Archive, Odeon Harrogate, and Harrogate Theatre for special events.
We are also members of Cinema for All and The British Film Institute.
In addition to our core programme of 15 contemporary films from around the world, we organize occasional film-related events in the local community under the banner of 'Flash Film' or 'Special Screening' or 'Special Events'.
We hope to bring more of these in the future. If you have any ideas, please get in touch with us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or speak to a committee member at any of our film nights.
With this initiative, our goal is to promote film in the local community. Films we have shown under this banner include Some Like it Hot, Brooklyn and Cabaret, in venues as varied as the North Bar, the Manhattan Club and Harrogate Theatre.
We have recently shown Revolution of our Times Documentary at the Odeon and Metropolis and The Passion of Joan of Arc at Harrogate Theatre.
JOIN HARROGATE FILM SOCIETY
£52.50 / £30
Annual Membership / Mini-season membership
Annual membership provides free access to all 15 films for the 2022-23 season, as well as priority access or discounted ticket prices to ad hoc events organised by the film society during the year.
We also put on 4 pre-film social evenings and hope to make our quiz evenings a regular feature throughout the calendar.
For those who like to discuss films in more detail, we offer several post-film discussion groups.
Please book a free ticket online to attend these (places are limited due to the venue) and select a warm drink if required.
Free parking is available to all at the Odeon for our evening screenings, although you must collect and display the relevant notice for your vehicle.
Our core season films are shown between September and April to brighten those darker evenings.
Full annual memberships start from 1st August each year.
Mini-Season Offer £30
Our mini-season offer was available from December 13 2022 for £30, bringing you our remaining 7 films for the price of 5 in 2023, from January until April (allowing you to benefit from any other member discounts).
Please note that members do NOT need to book tickets or reserve seats, just rock up on the night, flash your membership card, gain entry to the film and sit where you like!
All our membership options are now closed until our new season applications commence in August 2023.
If you would like to find out more about what we do, please get in touch using the email address provided in the Contact Us section.
PAY AS YOU GO
Harrogate Film Society welcomes members and non-members alike. Purchases made on the door must be paid via card only. You can generally pre book guest tickets for non members online via our website using PayPal or credit/debit cards. Please note that we usually add a small processing fee to contribute towards our costs.
Please show your ticket at the entrance to the Odeon Screen on arrival. We also offer discounted tickets for students aged 16-19 but you will need to show proof of your student status.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept cash this season.