- Mon, 01 NovOdeon, HarrogateA highly acclaimed British psychological horror film set in Scarborough. Written and directed by Rose Glass, the story of Maud, a recent convert to Catholicism, who becomes obsessed by a former dancer in her care. Praised for its direction, atmosphere, performances and score.
- Mon, 15 NovOdeon, HarrogateThis semi-autobiographical film tells the story of an ageing film director unable to do any creative work. He looks back over his life, from his impoverished childhood to the highs and lows of his career. Antonio Banderas and a luminous Penelope Cruz star in a richly textured film.
- Wed, 24 NovOdeon, HarrogateA beautiful meditation on wishes, yearning and belief which tells the story of two young brothers trying to reunite their parents by harnessing the “magical power” of two high speed trains at a crossing-point. A complex, delicate, deeply considered Japanese family drama.
- Mon, 13 DecOdeon, HarrogateInspired by a true story, this is an earnest and uplifting film dealing with period poverty and taboos in India. Despite public humiliation and resistance, an entrepreneur creates a machine for making hygienic sanitary towels which even the poorest women can afford.
- Mon, 10 JanOdeon, HarrogateMulti award-winning drama based on the 2017 non-fiction book by Jessica Bruder. Written, produced, directed by Cloé Zhao, starring Frances McDormand (who is also a producer on the film) as a van-dwelling, working nomad travelling around the United States.
- Mon, 07 FebOdeon, HarrogateJacob Yi relocates his Korean-American family to rural Arkansas, to start afresh and capture the elusive American Dream. Funny, beautiful, impactful, “Minari” is a great story about a man’s determination to create the best possible life at a very difficult time.
- Mon, 21 MarOdeon, HarrogateAn avant-garde composer (Dirk Bogarde), recovering from a period of artistic and personal stress, becomes infatuated with an adolescent boy who embodies his ideal of beauty. Despite the menace of a deadly cholera epidemic, this atmospheric film captures the spirit of 19th Century Venice.