- Mon, 25 AprHarrogateA mythic and emotionally charged hero's journey, Dune tells the story of Paul Atreides, a brilliant and gifted young man born into a great destiny beyond his understanding, who must travel to the most dangerous planet in the universe to ensure the future of his family and his people.
- Mon, 21 MarOdeon, HarrogateAn avant-garde composer (Dirk Bogarde), recovering from a period of artistic and personal stress, becomes infatuated with an adolescent boy who embodies his ideal of beauty. Despite the menace of a deadly cholera epidemic, this atmospheric film captures the spirit of 19th Century Venice.
- Mon, 07 MarOdeon, Harrogatea humorous, melancholy, and affectionate look at the global obsession with movies, "TINSEL - The Lost Movie About Hollywood" was lost for 30 years and never shown publicly. The film includes new footage and reflection on present-day Hollywood.
- Mon, 07 FebOdeon, HarrogateJacob Yi relocates his Korean-American family to rural Arkansas, to start afresh and capture the elusive American Dream. Funny, beautiful, impactful, “Minari” is a great story about a man’s determination to create the best possible life at a very difficult time.
- Mon, 24 JanOdeon, HarrogateA beautiful meditation on wishes, yearning and belief which tells the story of two young brothers trying to reunite their parents by harnessing the “magical power” of two high speed trains at a crossing-point. A complex, delicate, deeply considered Japanese family drama.
- Mon, 10 JanOdeon, HarrogateMulti award-winning drama based on the 2017 non-fiction book by Jessica Bruder. Written, produced, directed by Cloé Zhao, starring Frances McDormand (who is also a producer on the film) as a van-dwelling, working nomad travelling around the United States.
- Mon, 13 DecOdeon, HarrogateInspired by a true story, this is an earnest and uplifting film dealing with period poverty and taboos in India. Despite public humiliation and resistance, an entrepreneur creates a machine for making hygienic sanitary towels which even the poorest women can afford.
- Mon, 15 NovOdeon, HarrogateThis semi-autobiographical film tells the story of an ageing film director unable to do any creative work. He looks back over his life, from his impoverished childhood to the highs and lows of his career. Antonio Banderas and a luminous Penelope Cruz star in a richly textured film.
- Mon, 01 NovOdeon, HarrogateA highly acclaimed British psychological horror film set in Scarborough. Written and directed by Rose Glass, the story of Maud, a recent convert to Catholicism, who becomes obsessed by a former dancer in her care. Praised for its direction, atmosphere, performances and score.
- Mon, 18 OctOdeon, HarrogateJamie Foxx and Michael B Jordan deliver towering performances in this true-life story of US lawyer Bryan Stevenson’s battle to free a man wrongfully convicted of murder. The excellent supporting characters add to the movie’s texture and sense of place.
- Mon, 04 OctOdeon, HarrogateAn ageing writer, who has spent many years seducing his way through the lavish nightlife of Rome, starts to look past the nightclubs and parties to find a landscape of exquisite beauty. This “Fellini light” film is beautiful, original, eccentric and always unexpected.
- Mon, 20 SeptOdeon, HarrogateThe winner of the Best Film Award in our Festival Features competition depicts a time when African Americans were viewed as less than human. A young, enslaved man blazes a trail across the country for the Mormon Church, leading to the largest pioneer migration in American history.